ELEX-R ARE HERE!!
The first two orders are SOLD OUT! Order NOW to shorten your wait!
Come hear it! I have one and Justine’s Brasserie will be sporting one shortly.
REGA SUMMER DEAL!
Buy a RP8 turntable and ARIA phono stage.
Get a FREE Apheta cartridge!
REGA UPGRADE PROGRAM (only at whetstone audio)
RP1 Turntables trading up to a RP3 or higher will receive up to $250 credit.
BRIO-R owners will get up to $500 credit towards the new ELEX-R or ELICIT-R!
APOLLO-R owners will get up to $500 credit towards the SATURN-R.
First it was the Elicit returning from yore, now it’s the Elex, one of the first integrated amps Rega Research made more than two decades ago. The 2014 iteration is the Elex-R, based on two highly-acclaimed amps from the current range, the entry-level Brio-R and heavyweight Elicit-R.
Of course, it’s nothing much like its namesake from the past. According to the Rega literature, the Elex-R is a “sublime blend of the Brio-R design with the power circuits and advanced phono stage of the Elicit-R”. This should certainly make it a tempting prospect for Rega fans who yearned for more power than the former had but who could not quite step up to the latter.
Specifications for the Elex-R are:
– 90 watts per channel into 6 ohm, 72 watts into 8 ohm
– Four line inputs, preamp out and record out
– High-specification integrated phono stage (MM)
– Full-width case with improved heat dissipation
– New custom transformer
– Combined feedback and passive volume control preamp
– Enhanced power supplies for the driver stage
– Dedicated mini remote handset
– Coming July 2014